Wednesday, February 18, 2009

From the mouths of babes...

Yesterday, Maya had a couple of statements/exchanges that "____________" me. I don't have a single word to fill in the blank...so many emotions.

When I walked in to her classroom with Fin, Danny and Maya were talking with the teacher about Maya not napping. She looked at me and said, "Momma don't be mad".


On the way home in the car Danny and I were having a circular "discussion" about where/what to have for supper. From the back seat Maya pipes up with "Momma take two deep breath-es. Daddy take two deep breath-es." Danny tried to convince her that we weren't angry, to which she replied "Daddy you are a little bit angry, believe me."

And finally, at supper I was telling Danny a story about some drama at school. Suddenly, Maya says "Momma, tell me the story too".


Oh, goodness. Where did our baby go?



1 comment:

Team Swinehart said...

Oh my is right. How do you keep a straight face? :-)