Thursday, September 30, 2010

party girl says, lets put on a show...

Yesterday I picked Maya up from School...
I had been reminded, while tidying the girls' room and closet, how amazing Maya has been about night time potty trips - she is rocking it - no accidents in weeks - no pull-ups since July!
So we talked about that, I told her I was proud and that she desrved to be rewarded for that and she could pick what she wanted to do for lunch - after we had our haircuts!

On the way to the Haircut Place Maya and i had a really cool conversation I would like to share...

She had been quiet and contemplative for a few minutes and we were listening to some groovy music together in the car...

she perked up and said, "Daddy, can we see some real kids dance sometime, and i can dance with them?"

I replied, "of course, you bet!"

"Can we have everyone we know and just, right outside our house put on a show?"

And I said, "fer sure, some day..."

"Can we sing and dance and have lights and it'll be mascara (that means pretty) and i'll invite lots of boys and some girls but no mean ones, and people from Eugene, and here, at my school and Odin and the babies too, and we'll bring out chairs and have juice and just... (here there was a giggle somewhere in the realm goofy and prematurely teenaged)... you know... just party!

And I said, "sounds like a blast, like my dream come true!"

No comments: