Saturday, June 9, 2012

Maya's First Dance Recital

Today was Maya's first ballet recital! (It was also mine! I had no idea what I was doing!)

She had rehearsal in the morning in full hair, make-up and costume. She looked absolutely beautiful!



Rehearsal photos










We came home and relaxed for a bit. Maya complained about having a sore tummy and being really nervous. I chalked it up to nerves and told her to have a rest and take it easy for the afternoon.

We headed back to NDSU for the big, big show! It was amazing. I was totally nervous. It was a huge auditorium and she was feeling so nervous. But she did AWESOME!!!!






Fin was really excited to get ice cream after the recital. Maya courageously said, "We can go but I'm not going to eat any." At that point I knew something was up. So we went home with the promise that we would get Fin ice cream on Sunday. Poor Maya had a temp of almost 102! Sweet thing really was feeling punky!

No comments: