Monday, September 22, 2008

Rough Couple of Days...

I know everyone is waiting with bated breath for the next installment of MN Vacation but I feel like I need to take some time to write about the "trying times" that have engulfed us since Friday.

Typically the morning routine includes Danny waking up early with Maya and those two hanging on the couch watching Backyardigans while Fin and I nurse ourselves awake. Typically both rooms are content...that is until the two rooms begin mixing. Maya gets really excited (I think) and just loses her mind when she gets in contact with Finley. We have generally stayed one step ahead of her...but I wasn't so lucky on Friday.

Maya came into the room and was really gentle and at ease hanging with Fin and I so Danny jumped in the shower. Fin was laying on the bed and Maya was snuggled next to her. I remember this because I thought, "I should get a picture of these two together". Then Maya sat up and started moving around fast and suddenly decided to lay back and start a tantrum which includes kicking her legs up and down. Well...I didn't get Fin out of the way fast enough and Maya's heel connected with the top of Fin's head. Fin was quiet for a second and then started screaming (which to be honest, I was glad to hear). I dragged Maya off to her room and hollered at Danny to get out of the shower all the while staring at Fin to see how she was doing.

Long story, short: she's fine. The nurse at the doctor's office reminded us that babies are like little soldiers and can take lots of bumps and bruises. I hope Fin is responsible fr her next bumps! (:

Saturday was pretty ok.

Sunday was hell. Anything and everything Maya could do to get in trouble she did, plus some things we wouldn't have thought of. It was AWFUL! Danny and I turn on each other so we don't go after Maya...but damn! I took Maya to the grocery store and to my office in two separate trips...leaving Fin with Danny. in both cases Maya was awesome! BUT as soon as we got home/the four of us together she would lose her shit! Seriously...it was insane. I remember looking at the clock at 10:30am and thinking "oh, crap, this is going to be a long day"...and boy, was it!!!

But we all survived and made it out the door this morning!

3 comments:

McThor Home said...

I know this may not make you feel any better, but the moms in my parent ed group have talked about many of the same things they've had to work through when having a 2nd... :(. Yours was just a little delayed... Hang in there, you guys! And again, I'm so happy you are going through this first. :)

Team Swinehart said...

Oh no...the jealousy did find it's way out.
Hopefully things will get better for all of you.
I'll send happy thoughts. :-)

You can always send Maya to Aunt Lindsey's for a weekend if you'd like. :-)

Miss you.

Lindz

Erica said...

I have to admit that when I first read that post I thought that both you and Danny had gone off to shower and left Maya and Fin alone . . . I'm glad I re-read it 'cause I was srsly doubtin' yer wick'd 'rentin' skilz.