Monday, November 9, 2009

Jobs / Applications -- The List

It's that time of year...and I don't mean the holiday season. I am diligently plugging away on the dissertation and at this point, barring a major setback, I am slated for a June 2010 graduation! I have a rough draft for 4 chapters--when I say rough, I mean pretty rough. I am working on revisions and hope to give the document minus conclusion to my committee at the end of January! It's all very exciting and a bit scary. The deadlines are looming but I am meeting them head-on which feels oddly empowering.

I am applying for jobs again. The market seems to be a bit better than it was last year but I know there are still a whole lot of people applying for a limited number of jobs. Academia has been plagued with budget freezes and cuts just like every other industry. But, as my adviser reminds me, it only takes one job.

Here is the list of jobs I have already sent application materials to:
-Susquehanna University (Selinsgrove, PA)
-York College of Pennsylvania (York, PA)
-Eastern Illinois University (Charleston, IL)
-University of South Carolina Upstate (Spartanburg, SC)
-College of Wooster (Wooster, OH)
-Columbia College (Chicago, IL)
-Wesleyan University (Middletown, CT)
-North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND)
-Le Moyne College (Syracuse, NY)
-University of Missouri St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
-Pine Manor College (Chestnut Hill, MA)

These are still on the docket to be done (very soon):
-North Central College (Naperville, IL)
-University of Nevada-Reno (Reno, NV)
-Missouri State University (Springfield, MO)
-Bradley University (Peoria, IL)
-Kenyon College (Gambier, OH)
-Winona State University (Winona, MN)
-West Chester University (West Chester, PA)
-East Carolina University (Greenville, NC)
-Beloit College (Beloit, WI)
-Southern Arkansas University (Magnolia, AR)
-Illinois State University (Normal, IL)
-University of Missouri (Columbia, MO)

So, if you have positive energy to spare...send it any / all on this list. I will add more as they pop up but I realized that I hadn't put out my "list" yet.

There you have it!

1 comment:

Team Swinehart said...

Sending many positive thoughts your way and marking my calendar for June 2010. I can't wait!!!