Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ceiling Fan-832 v. Us-7

Seriously this fan is going to be the end of us! The good news is we got the fan up and all put together, hanging from the ceiling and everything last night with the help of Bobby and Christy.

While Danny was rocking Maya I went and turned the brea
ker on. Bobby and Christy immediately hollered, "Turn it off!" That is never a good sign. Apparently there was quite a spark and upon further investigation it appears the ground came disconnected in the process!

So we grounded it again and in the process of hanging it to the ceiling plate the plaster of the ceiling keeps chipping away. We finally surrendered!
After 15+ hours I'm done with it...and Danny is too, although he feels like we should be able to finish it. I called Dan Wallace this morning and he thinks he can stop by on Friday to put the finishing touches on the "(e)vil(e)" ceiling fan! So until then (and we are hoping he can actually come over on Friday) we live with the ceiling fan on the dining room table and crap EVERYWHERE!

The good news is the ceiling fan looks awesome! Even in the short time it was up we all reveled at the fact that Bobby can walk underneath it without smacking his head! It's quite modern and sleek. I can't wait until this stupid project is done! Who knew?

PS...Don't judge us on the disgustingly dirty top of that nasty ceiling fan. I had no intentions of letting it stay up for 2 1/2 years. Although now I'm wondering if it would have been easier to clean it! :)

PPS...You can see our paint swatches on our walls and cupboards! That will start up tomorrow! Hooray!

1 comment:

Ad Libitum said...

Hi, Luvs!
I am so sorry that you guys had such a devil of a time with your new ceiling fan, but I'm excited to see it! It's gotta be third time's the charm, let's hope. In any case I am confident that it'll be installed and purring like Puss-Puss by our next visit. Please don't feel you have to wait for me to be there to help you--I won't feel left out one bit!
XOXOxo
John Thomas, Dad, Grampa