Friday, March 28, 2008

Good News & Bad News

Well the good news is...the bottom bank of cabinets has a first coat of "cargo brown" paint! The bad news is the camera battery is dead! It is charging and hopefully I can get a picture of posted later today. Just to give you a mental picture of our kitchen (until you can see it for yourself): 2 gigantic sawhorses with a 10 ft plank of pressboard on it, 7 cupboard doors siting on it, 9 drawers sitting on the cupboard and me trying to keep my ass or belly out of the paint. Of course of piece de resistance: my laying on the floor painting the baseboard/trim. Seriously a sight for no one's eyes!

I have a meeting and errands to run at school in prep for teaching on Monday so that will give everything a bit of time to dry. I am hoping to get another coat on the everything tonight after the kid goes to sleep and then hopefully mounted tomorrow so we don't have to worry about them getting dinged up. We brought home some hardware from Jerry's yesterday to try out and see what we think. Pretty basic brushed nickel hinges and knobs. We will see what we think and then head back to get the whole supply. We are getting "cheap" ones but damn, the hardware will probably cost more than the paint and the new doors combined! Crazy! I can't imagine those folks who can buy the $5 or even the $10 pulls! CRAZY!

No comments: