Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ruminations on 17 Days

So, here we are...17 days away from the "due date". As I sit here and type my belly is wiggling from side to side and lots of gyrations are occurring. Someone is probably really cranky that I haven't gone to get food yet!

Our appointment on Monday was great as was our "R is for Argue" session. My blood pressure is fabulous, there aren't any proteins in my urine and I got my papers to carry with me to take to the hospital. On the way to pick up Maya, Danny and I realized that when we were pregnant with her we knew we were dealing with "interventions" by this point in the pregnancy. So we are in uncharted waters as of right now...wandering around pregnant and wondering when "it" is going to happen. In some ways we are just ignoring the approaching change (we haven't: filled out the pre-admission paperwork, installed the car seat or packed a bag) and in other ways we are definitely ready (we have: diapers, an excited big sister, and lots of love).

In less than four weeks (two to three is more likely) everything will be different. How strange and exciting!

---

I know I made the picture edict (Mel I will obey my own rules) but I don't have any "new" pictures to post. Perhaps I will be brave tonight and take a picture of the 37+4 belly. :)

---

OK...here are two shots...really the least embarrassing of them all and that's not saying much. One is sort of head on and the other is a profile...both of them...well...you'll see...


No comments: