Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Visit from Grandma Sandy

I realize we are a million posts behind, including Fin's birthday, but I'm moving ahead and filling in the gaps when I have a second. (yeah, right)

Grandma Sandy flew in on Tuesday and flew out today. It was 100+ degrees when she arrived in Eugene and thankfully we were booked for 2 nights at the coast in Yachats. (It was a blissful 62 degrees there!) We returned to the Eugene grind on Friday; it was a bit cooler but still quite warm. We did Bounce and Mad Duck on Saturday, errands on Sunday and school for the girls on Monday. Grandma took the girls for walks to the park and out and about which afforded Danny and I a bit of down time!

Here are some pictures from the coast. I have pictures from our trips to the park but I need I can't upload them yet because my computer is "full". So until I do a little photo dump onto our external...enjoy these!

Carousel House--It was a fabulous little 2 bedroom house. It is round and had a beautiful roof. The "sailor" repeatedly scared the crap out of all of us. Even 30 minutes or so someone would be heard saying, "He got me again".


Fin and Grandma did lots of walking.

Maya and Grandma did lots of snuggling and chatting.


We spent a lot of time walking the beaches and paths. Maya tried to convince Grandma to hike down; Grandma hung with Fin!


There was beach art.


And saltwater taffy breaks.


I got some beautiful shots of the girls.



Even Mom and I got into the spirit of picture taking!


And that's our coast trip!

3 comments:

dannytdot said...

i don't remember the "down time"
when was that again?

McThor Home said...

Looks like a lot of fun...!!!!

Team Swinehart said...

Looks like you had a great time!