Friday, February 24, 2012

Skateland!

It was another Family Night for Maya's school at Skateland! Maya brought the flyer home at the beginning of February and couldn't quit talking about it. Saying that she was excited doesn't even begin to describe her feelings about Skateland events.


Maya and Fin both declared that since I didn't have Zuzu in my belly anymore that I could skate this time. Thankfully I was able to use the "someone has to stay with Zuzu" excuse this time. I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to get away with that. At some point, I'm afraid, I will have to try skating after a 30 year break!


Fin sitting on the other side of the rink. She got fiercely independent and so she was left to her own devices.



Maya really got the hang of skating this time around. She came running up to me at some point during the night and said, "Mom I've got it! I know how to do it! I can skate!" She was ecstatic!!!



Early in the night.



Dad and Fin.





Eventually, Maya took the bull by the horns and figured it out!



Claire doing her best Elvis impersonation.



Sometimes Fin just cracks me up.


No comments: