Monday, August 11, 2008

simple things

ugh
i was sure feeling down as i left the co-op this morning
mondays are always hard
after spending the weekend all together...
Maya is not prone to being dropped off.
plus i was on my own for drop off this morning
i had gotten pretty used to having Jen and Finley around too...

i just felt deflated
plus i could see in my shadow that i had crazy new baby bed head.

i think taking 2 hours to put Maya to bed last night,
worrying about her making all the adjustments, big sister, new class etc
and the fact that at one point last night when i went in to quell her cries
she said, "daddy, you were broken on the sidewalk and it scared me..."
(a nightmare i am not entirely comfortable with...)
are all working together to put me in funk...

i got the blues...

but...

there are little blessings all around;
when i got to work,
i was walking from my car to the office
and in among the rocks of the landscaping outside the office
was a cache of marvelous shimmering jewels.

tiny spiderwebs had captured the mornings dew
and kept it around long enough to catch the suns rays
putting on little spectacle
that i admired as i passed on my way to the office door.

It was one of those nice reminders the universe provides
that i should count my blessings...

Then i went into the office,
and within a half hour of being there,
had spilled coffee on my shirt
and stabbed myself in the hand with a pencil...

maybe this will help...

1 comment:

Shawn & Linda Henry said...

the kinetic sculpture is freakishly soothing. odd. not odd if i was sitting there by the ocean with the breeze and everything, but definitely odd that the calming power is actually transmitted via you tube.

we're heading to the ocean tomorrow evening, so i'll have to find my own opiate by the sea.