Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Story out of MN!

My mom, Jonathan, Teresa, Tyler and Porter went to the fair last night. I received this recap this morning along with some great pics! I thought I would share...the story made me laugh and reminisce about being home! :)

Here is my mom's re-telling of the story!

The kids and I were at the SCFF last night. Can't miss the 1st night of the SCFF. It was quite a night. First they left without me because I was on the phone and Jon called back and said I'll come get you. So then we were so busy blabbing that we didn't really registered where we parked. Off to the fair we went. Porter rode every ride there was. Even made one loop on the ferris wheel - oooops that was a huge mistake. Poor child. Porter got ran over by some crazy psychotic kid 10 times his size. He came running thru slamming Porter to the ground. Another trauma for the child. It was about 10:00 and everyone was tired and we started walking to the car, and walking, and walking. Then Jonathan said don't you remember, that's what Mom's are supposed to do. I told him you were driving I thought you were paying attention. Well Jonathan took off running to where he thought the car was and Teresa, Porter and I came walking. When we turned the corner Teresa goes - oh no. Here Jonathan is trying to get in the car which was locked, key in the ignition and no spare key. He wanted to know why I locked the car and I told him I would have no idea how to lock your car. So Jonathan ran home, got the truck and a hanger and came back to rescue us. What an evening. I don't think I've ever had that much excitement at the fair. Needless to say Porter fell asleep on the way home (less than 6 blocks).

Jonathan, if you read this...it really reminded me of a fair fiasco we had together the last time I was home for fair! :)

Here are 2 pics of Jonathan and Porter that made me smile. Ah, the personality! And seriously, can my brother be old enough to have a child that big?

Like father, like son!



No comments: