Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Appointment Update

I survived the damn gestational diabetes test once again! This time I packed a bottle of water and a granola bar to enjoy immediately following the blood draw. They also tested my thyroid levels again to make sure everything is in the right ballpark.

I have gained 6 pounds so far which still feels like 6 pounds too much...but we are measuring right on spot. My blood pressure was a lovely 110/70...so that is fab as well. We talked about delaying the antibiotic cream on the eyes until after the first nursing session and awake hour after birth. The doctor was cool with it...I thought it was mandatory here to have it but Dr. Schnapper said we could refuse it if we wanted. We will have to see.

Other than that...very little excitement. Although Maya did stand up screaming at the dinner table while pushing a poop out and had two poops in the tub. Perhaps this sounds too gross...but the poor kid hadn't pooped for well over 2 days and was clearly in need of a serious poop! Poor bug.

1 comment:

McThor Home said...

Welcome to the world of Poop Drama!