Monday, July 14, 2008

late night/early morning

i can't sleep...

this baby could come at anytime.

I am trying to psychically induce labor by listening the the song "Birthday" by the Sugarcubes.
Somehow i think this will work.
(That is not a typo, i really mean with my brain waves...)
i have not had the opportunity to play the song in the presence of Jennifer or the infant in her womb yet.

I tried this morning.
Maya wanted to play the Casio instead.
I implored her to wait until this afternoon as I felt 9:30 am was a little early to top volume-blast
Casio-tone Demo...

which, inevitably, is where any Casio experience goes with Maya.

Anyway she and mom went in to her room to Casio and dance (mom read)...

and to try and let me listen to me song - So, neither Jen or the wombling heard it, I turned it off, besides, because the door is no match for top volume-blasting Casio demo.
it's worth it - the dancing is truly superb.

so, so far, I have listened to "Birthday" 5 times...
in headphones.

(I have three versions of the song - the original and two remixes)

and one half time on speakers.

it's ok.

i think the universe is still getting the message.

but i think i will try more direct methods tomorrow after work.

Jennifer and/or the wombling will hear the song one way or another.

musical coaxing - headphones.

woof. (less barking, more wagging)

Our apple tree gave up a another branch.
we seriously need to call in the professionals.

I went out there and hacked at a bunch of the heavier branches so we wouldn't lose anymore,
but seriously, how did people do stuff like that before power tools?

If i had been George Washington I would have told the whole neighborhood, and everyone at school for that matter - I mean, a cherry tree, with an ax? That is an accomplishment to be proud of.

But I guess that's the kind of thing that sets one apart for founding fatherhood...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jul/10/washington-home-had-no-cherry-tree/

on the other hand, maybe not...

anyway I was out there stomping around...
with some big lopper thingies, i dont know if they're sheers or what...
and a little hedge saw - I guess it's a hegde saw
and some gardening sheers - seriously...

I don't know what I'm doing.

Jennifer said I looked rugged.
She was helping from the deck,
telling me where to cut - it was a very domestic scene.

i had to remind her that beneath my sensitive, tender exterior, lies a rugged, manly heart.

She said she knew that, but sometimes forgot, or at least needed to be reminded.
I'm not sure what the difference is but, there you go.
anyway, i thought i'd share that little snapshot of our evening.

oh, of course it was dusk/dark...

i'm sure our neighbors just shake their heads - hell, for all i know, you're shaking your head right now.

Yes, we wait until branches fall off of our fruit trees before we deal with them.

I could read you the list of justifications,
but it's no excuse you haven't heard before.
From us.
Or me.

And, yes, we wait until dusk/dark to deal with the fallen branches.
(same familiar list of justifications, with two additions; a. "seriously, 90 Degrees!?" and b. "seriously, overdue!?")


i have to work not to be embarrassed about our shoddy yard.
but only a little.
i can't tell if at my core i don't care about yard work, or if at my core i long for a tidy yard.

it is a goal.
that i can live with.
it maybe my lifelong challenge...
to get that thumb green, and get that yard cleaned up and looking good.
Any yard.

Or it may just be something to aim for.

Whatever, it's late.
As you know,
We went to the fair today,
or, as Maya called it, the Fairy.
Fairy it was.
I'm so glad Jennifer decided to come with, it made the day.

My favorite parts:
Maya saying, "We are all Fairy Princesses"
getting to paint her face
watching the people
The piano with the front taken off being played with mallets by a ragtag group of moppets, including Maya.
Being with my family in such a unique, crazy place, getting to soak it all in together.

By comparison, we went to the mall this evening...
well, there really is no comparison.

I'll tell you what, I't'd be a marvelous world if going to the mall was replaced by going to some place like Oregon Country Fair and we did it every week.

As long as the parking was more like the mall than the fair.

And I wouldn't really want to wait a half hour in line for tickets to go the mall every week.

anyway,
good night all you fairy princesses...
i am going to bed.

But first,
A picture from the park
After the fair, Maya and I went to the park so the other fairy princess could take a nap.
Here is a photo from the park.

1 comment:

Zona Bob said...

Yr funny.

I am excited for your ensuing bebe birthing, any minute now! problee. You 3 will soon be 4. I kinda feel like you already are 4, only one of you is being carried around like a reverse backpack. soon!